GRACE Communications Foundation developed the FoodPrint website to help people understand more about how their food gets to their plate, and to make food choices that do less harm to the environment, animals and people.
We are looking for a research and policy analyst to focus on research and writing related to food production and consumption, food policy, the problems created by industrial agriculture, the benefits of sustainable alternatives, and strategies for promoting the transition to a sustainable food future. This position is based in New York City.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating how emerging policies affect the food system for individuals, businesses and government agencies
- Monitoring events, policy decisions and trends and other issues with implications for the political and policy landscape
- Forecasting political, economic, and social trends related to food
- Assuring that web content is continuously refreshed and up to date
- Contributing to weekly team editorial meetings
- Researching and writing blog posts; editing and proofreading
- Providing analysis and developing positions on food and agriculture issues including animal agriculture, city/state and federal food policies, organic agriculture, aquaculture and food labeling
- Providing analysis of academic and policy research and analyzing statistical data
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills & qualifications:
- B.S./B.A. in related field; M.S./M.A. in related field preferred (e.g. Food Policy, Food Studies, Gastronomy, Public Health with food focus, etc.)
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a related field
- Extensive knowledge and strong understanding of food and agriculture issues, policy areas and consumer trends
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong qualitative/quantitative research skills
- A strong food justice understanding and framework for food systems issues is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate complex technical and scientific concepts to a variety of audiences
- prepare clear, timely and thorough analyses of complex policy issues
- multi-task and prioritize; effectively manage projects and meet deadlines
- work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and on individual assignments
GRACE Communications Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates, regardless of race, gender, age or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent benefits and salary is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and résumé, with desired compensation to email@example.com referencing “Research and Policy Analyst” in the subject line.
Candidates should also include a writing sample under 5 pages.
No phone calls, please.
To learn more about us, go to www.foodprint.org